When was the last time you reviewed your insurance portfolio?
Do you know how much life and long-term coverage you have and why? Your spouse? If you can’t answer these questions or your goals have changed, now is an opportune time to meet, in person or on zoom, to review all of your insurance policies even if I did not provide them to you. Please also watch your inbox for a series of educational emails entitled “Who Needs insurance?"
Questions to explore:
- What is your total death benefit when adding up your various life policies? Your spouse’s?
- How much of your death benefit is provided by term policies that will likely eventually expire?
- What are your goals for owning life insurance?
- Do you desire to leave a death benefit to your kids or grandkids?
- What about long-term care insurance?
Are you aware of the new hybrid life-long-term care policies where you can use part of the death benefit to cover qualified long-term care expenses while alive? There are an array of robust policies available today.